Front Page News

KELSET School / Forest Park Drive Safety Study Meeting Today

Picture of Leanne Lawson
KELSET School / Forest Park Drive Safety Study Meeting Today
by Leanne Lawson - Thursday, 17 June 2021, 1:49 PM

There will be a forum for parents about the WATT Recommendations and findings from the second round of consultation for the ḰELSET traffic study. They are preparing the final draft for presentation to NS Council this summer. Before the school year is over NS engineers and the consultant was hoping to meet virtually with the PAC and the consultant for a brief chat on the outcomes. 

This meeting is to hear the final recommendations which the NS Engineers and WATT consulting will put forward to NS council for their consideration. The virtual meeting is set for June 17th from 3:00-4:00. If  parents would like to join the meeting, please contact the PAC Facebook page, ḰELSET Elementary PAC or email: kelsetpac@hotmail.com to ask for the meeting link. 

NS Engineers have been very supportive of the issues we as parents have put forward and would like to give us a chance to review the recommendations and ask questions about them. 

I think this is a great opportunity to hear why the evidence based recommendations were chosen and how they would benefit ḰELSET. It’s also an opportunity to briefly outline any existing concern that we feel has not been addressed. 

If parents would like to voice a concern, as it’s only an hour long, I’d like parents to please consider documenting any concerns they have after reading the recommendations and send them to me, mariefish067@gmail.com. I will forward it to Don prior to the meeting. This way, Don can address concerns more efficiently.

ḰELSET PAC