Front Page News

Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year!

Picture of Leanne Lawson
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year!
by Leanne Lawson - Thursday, 30 August 2018, 3:24 PM

We are very excited to begin another school year rich in collaboration, relationships and excitement towards learning. I would like to welcome all of our ḰKELSET families back to school! To those students and families who are new to ḰELSET, we extend an especially warm welcome and hope that you will quickly feel at home. Staff are committed to developing strong connections between the home and school so please don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher or myself, if you have any concerns or information that you would like to share.

We have been very busy working on staffing over the past several weeks as we currently remain at 19 divisions. I will provide an update in the September newsletter.

Keeping up to date as to the upcoming school events and activities at ḰELSET is very important. There are several ways to stay informed:

* Monthly Newsletter - to access this, parents must self-subscribe and provide opt-in consent on the main page of our school website.

* School Website - kelset.sd63.bc.ca – also, please note that if you click on 'calendar' then 'month view' all activities/events are listed.

* Classroom Newsletters

* Outside sign located on the wall outside the gym

Our main goal is to ensure that every student is provided the highest quality of education within a safe, inclusive, supportive and challenging learning environment. Parents and guardians working together with our staff will ensure each student achieves their very best! Every student at ḰELSET is a valued and appreciated member of our school community. As the principal, it is important to me that everyone; students, parents, guardians and staff feel excited about being in our school each and everyday!

We welcome and greatly appreciate your assistance as a volunteer working with our Parent Advisory Council (PAC). The first PAC meeting is scheduled for September 12th at 6:30pm at ḰELSET in Mrs. Sinclair-Wise’s classroom. All parents and guardians are welcome! Thank you for considering!

As we prepare for the first week of school, please review our 'School Start-Up Procedures' on our school website. On Tuesday, September 4th, would all returning ḰELSET students, please return to their last year's classroom at the 8:40 bell. All new students should meet in the gym at that time for further directions.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached by phone or email ccrocketmoore@saanichschools.ca. Looking forward to another enriching, fun and productive school year.

Warm regards,
Cathy Crocket-Moore
Principal, ḰELSET Elementary
250 655 4648