Front Page News

Welcome KELSET Families!

Picture of Leanne Lawson
Welcome KELSET Families!
by Leanne Lawson - Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 2:45 PM

My name is Cathy Crocket-Moore, the new Principal at KELSET Elementary. It is truly my pleasure to join the KELSET School community and to extend a warm and heartfelt welcome to you as we begin the 2015-2016 school year. I am looking forward to a rewarding year of learning and growing with our students. Also, I am excited about working with our staff, you, our parents/guardians and community members. To those students and parents who are new to KELSET, we extend an especially warm welcome and hope that you will quickly feel at home.

Throughout my thirty years in education, I have served in a variety of teaching and leadership roles from kindergarten to grade 12. These experiences include the roles of school counsellor, integrated support teacher, elementary vice-principal, interim district principal and district counselling consultant.

I would like to welcome several new staff members to KELSET School. I am pleased to welcome our new Vice Principal, Mrs. Rae Dennett. Mrs. Dennett has served as an elementary and middle school teacher and brings to KELSET a strong understanding of inclusive education and leadership. She will be a wonderful asset to our school! I am delighted to welcome Mrs. Erin Young and Mrs. Alyssa Ellison our new grade 4/5 teachers. Also, welcome to Mr. Ray Stewart our new grade 1/2 teacher, Ms. Shelagh Pavlic, our new Youth and Family Counsellor and to Mr. Brett Mindus, our new custodian. We continue to work on staffing and I will update you as positions are filled.

Our main goal is to ensure that every student is provided the highest quality of education within a safe, inclusive, supportive and challenging learning environment. Parents and guardians working together with our staff will ensure each student achieves their very best! Every student at KELSET is a valued and appreciated member of our school community. As the principal, it is important to me that everyone; students, parents and staff feel excited about being in our school each and everyday!

As we know, it does take a village to raise a child and research shows the many benefits of having parents/guardians involved in their child’s education. Your assistance as a volunteer would be greatly appreciated and valuable to our students. The first Parent Advisory Council meeting is scheduled for September 16th at 6:30pm at KELSET. Thank you for considering!

Please visit our school website to ensure you are receiving the most up to date information, kelset.sd63.bc.ca. Also, please explore our links to learn about daily events and upcoming activities. If you would like to contact me, I can be reached by phone or email.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and to a school year rich in collaboration, relationships and excitement towards learning.

See all of you on Tuesday, September 8th at 8:40 AM.

Warm regards,

Cathy Crocket-Moore

Principal, KELSET Elementary

ccrocket@sd63.bc.ca

250 655 4648