Front Page News

Administrative Announcements

Picture of Leanne Lawson
Administrative Announcements
by Leanne Lawson - Thursday, 16 April 2015, 2:18 PM

Hello, everyone!  You will see from the message below that I have been assigned to Deep Cove School as of August and that Tom Vickers will be returning to KELSET as Principal.   I will miss the wonderful students, parents and staff that are part of this terrific school  community and will always be grateful for the opportunity to be part of the development of a brand new school and learning community.  At the same time, I  look forward to the opportunities for growth that this change in assignment will provide, for both me and the school communities.  I thank you all for your support and look forward to our connections in the coming months.  Ms. Collett and I will be working closely with Tom, to ensure a smooth transition.

Sincerely,

Grant Franceschini
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good afternoon everyone.

I am writing to announce four administrative moves, and to wish all involved the very best in their new assignments.

Erika Moser
has been assigned to the position of Principal at Sidney Elementary School.  Erika is currently the principal at Ecole Deep Cove Elementary, having served that community as principal for four years.  Erika worked in Saanich for many years then moved to School District 71 Comox Valley, where she had numerous leadership roles, before returning to us in 2011.  Congratulations and thank you Erika.

Grant Franceschini has been assigned to the position of Principal at Ecole Deep Cove Elementary School.  Grant leaves KELSET Elementary School where he has been principal for seven years, and takes many years of school and district leadership with him into the school where it all started for Grant as a teacher and Vice-Principal.  Congratulations and thank you Grant.

Tom Vickers has been assigned to the position of Principal at KELSET Elementary School.  Tom moves to KELSET from the principal position at Sidney Elementary School where he has served in that capacity for the past three years.  Tom served previously as Vice-Principal at KELSET so he is effectively going home to renew old acquaintances and carry on a strong tradition of leadership in the school.  Congratulations and thank you Tom.

On a happy/sad note, Tina Pierik is leaving us for an opportunity to join the School District 61 Greater Victoria leadership team as Vice-Principal at Spectrum Secondary School.  We are happy for Tina and grateful to her for many years of wonderful leadership in Saanich, most recently as Vice-Principal at Stelly's Secondary School.  Tina, we offer you our congratulations and best wishes, and thank you for your exemplary leadership and support over the years.  We look forward to having you back when the time is right!

We are so proud of our leadership team in School District 63.  As the Board makes administrative moves those re-assignments are intended to serve the district's children and families, hopefully  in a way that also aligns with administrators' career aspirations.  We believe that the Board has found that balance in this case.
I know that you join me in wishing Tina, Tom, Grant and Erika all the best.

Sincerely,
Keven