Start-Up Procedures for Tuesday, September 3rd
Please proceed to last year’s classroom at the 8:40 bell.
Students to the school
Should gather in the gym at the 8:40 bell.
Our new students will be given an introduction and taken to a grade-appropriate classroom.
Time for Tuesday, September 3rd
· Will be at 10:15
· Buses leave at 10:25 and 10:30
· New students should go to the office at 10:15 to be met by their parents, or assisted to the appropriate bus
will be available for Parents/Guardians-Sept.3rd
Parents/Guardians are welcome to enjoy refreshments and mingle in the gym from the start of the morning until the 10:15 dismissal time. Thank you PAC!
Students- Tuesday, September 3rd
Parents/Guardians are asked to phone the school on Tuesday,September 3rd to confirm attendance for this school year. Kindergarten students do not attend on this day.
Entrance for Kindergarten Students:
Wed. Sept. 4 Thurs. Sept. 5 Fri. Sept. 6
· Students will attend for approximately 1/3rd of the school day in small groups, experiencing the start, middle and end of the day routines.
· Details have been outlined in a letter sent to parents in late July. Please call the school office if you have any questions.
· Students have been placed in Groups A, B, or C and will attend according to the schedule
Attend as a Whole Class
Mon. Sept. 9 and Tues. Sept.10 Wed. Sept. 11
· Kindergarten students will attend as a whole class, for a shortened day, from 8:40 until 1:00 pm
Thurs. Sept. 12
Starting September 12th, all kindergarten students begin attending for the full day from 8:40-2:48.
All students return to the classrooms they were in on Tuesday, except for the Grade One students, who will be met by various staff members near the spider climber (South end of the school) and taken to different classrooms as our new kindergarten students will be in the kindergarten classrooms.
We hope that students will move to their 2019/20 classrooms by Thursday morning. Enrolment may have fluctuated over the summer and final student placements may need to be reviewed. Once our numbers are secure, we can finalize our class configurations and teacher assignments, review student placements and move to their new classes. We will make every effort to have students in their new classes as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We look forward to another wonderful school year at ḰELSET!
Have a wonderful summer everyone!