Newsletters

SUPER SECRET PARENT FLASHMOB

Picture of Leanne Lawson
SUPER SECRET PARENT FLASHMOB
by Leanne Lawson - Wednesday, 5 March 2014, 12:53 PM

Hi all you backup dancers in training,

How is the practicing going for the flashmob this Friday?  If you are like me and need a little extra help, there is hope for us yet.  This Thursday at 7:00 pm there will be a practice session in the gym!  Here is the link again for the video:  

The actual flashmob dance is scheduled to be played at 7:30 sharp Friday night.   If you are going to participate please be ready (ie. casually hanging around or dancing in the gym).  The DJ will give a cue - something like, "we have a special parent request that I am going to play next".  Then as the music starts, jump in and strut your stuff! 

We are working on getting the Just Dance video (that you have been using to practice) to play on the big screen for practice on Thursday and for the dance on Friday.  If this works out, we are also going to play a second Just Dance video - "Kiss You" by One Direction for the parents and kids to try together!  The DJ will play this video and song twice - most of the kids will have mastered the steps after watching once!  As for us parents, well, we can stumble our way through!

If you are coming to the practice Thursday, please email me at molly.glesby@telus.net

If you are planning on being part of the flashmob, could you also email me (molly.glesby@telus.net) - so we have an idea of numbers. Thanks.

And most important, whether you are participating or not, PLEASE KEEP THIS SECRET!